To get a great start... DRINK YOUR

Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year... A New You!

Isn't that just SO cliche? Whelp folks... I've joined the cliche-rs and joined in. This is a journey through my weight-loss progress. You will travel with me through my ups, my downs, my accomplishments, and my failures. Together, we can climb those mountains, no matter how hard they may be.

So... I began this journey (by myself) on January 1st, just like everyone else. I started out wanting to "feel" better, look better, and be healthier. Like most of us, I eat portions that are really for 2 or 3 people. I knew I needed to cut down on those. I also needed to exercise. I still need to do these things, but in moderation, I will get there.

My goal is to lose 51 pounds. That may seem like a lot to you, but hey! It's for me, not you. And this is a realistic goal. I am not going for a certain amount each week or a deadline to lose the weight by. Heck! Just cutting down my soda and coffee intake alone chopped off 2 pounds within 3 days.

I have cut down on my portions... Like when that little voice inside my head tells me to go ahead and eat that other piece... or just one more bite... I have to hold myself accountable and say, "NO!" I will not eat that last piece of bacon on the serving plate. I will not get "just a little" more! Those thoughts are self-sabotaging, and I just won't do it anymore.

So... I began January 1st super tired (stayed at the Rose Parade all night) and freezing cold. I did not want to take my hands out of my gloves to make anything, and I was too tired to make anything, anyway. We waited until we got to my mom's to eat anything. WAIT! I had a granola bar prior to packing the car back up. (See what I mean? I think I got this accountability thing down!)

I did munch on a couple of things at my mom's, but I didn't gorge out. (Good for me, huh?) I took moderate portions at dinner, and had water, and ONE cup of coffee.

Now... I love coffee, so that is a little hard for me. I also love Coke (The Real Thing), so it was a little hard, but I handled it pretty well. No headaches from lack of caffeine. When we got home, I got to work and unloaded and cleaned everything (with the girls' help, of course). But I stayed moving.

Friday, I actually got up and exercised! Yeah, me! However, as I was riding my stationary cycle, the pedal fell off... and my mp3 player quite working (the volume will only go DOWN, not up - so now I have NO SOUND!!!). I was not self-sabotaging myself, so I made the "no excuses" pledge and watched television while doing my exercising. I had at least got 20 minutes of biking. So I did my stretching, crunches, and some arm work (boy is it flabby there!). Woohoo! I drank LOTS of water, still watched my portions, and piled on the veggies. You go, girl!

Saturday, it was more of the same.

Sunday, I enrolled in something through Flylady. There is a Virtual Personal Trainer out there, and he is FREE! Johnathan gives motivational e-mails and helps those of us in need out via the No Excuse Workout. Just click on the link, and you, too, can join this great program! Well, he "rests" on Sundays, so I did the same, just so I'd be in the same groove. I ate decently (modestly) and felt pretty good. I still limited myself on that coffee.

Today... I decided to create a blog, so that I am writing these things down (you know "accountability" and all...). I did my exercises with television headphones on (what better way to catch up on Desperate Housewives?). I have again watched what I have eaten and eaten more fruits and veggies, less starches.

See? We're off to a great track record. And I don't feel like I "have" to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment