To get a great start... DRINK YOUR

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What "Other" Type of Exercise are You Doing?

I just don't think that if I exercise in the morning and eat well throughout the day and sit on my butt, it will work... this losing weight thing. So, in an effort to institute business, I have begun making lists. I've looked around at things I've been neglecting, i.e. gardening (weeding, thinning out plants, re-planting, etc.), sewing (mending, UFOs [unfinished objects], etc.), cleaning (deep cleaning and organizing), etc.

This week, I've been working on the flower beds in my front yard. The goal was to work 1/2 hour each day. Beginning Monday, I worked 1 1/2 hours (300% of my goal!). Yesterday, I worked a little over an hour, and only finished because you kinda can't do that kind of thing in the dark... Today was another 1 1/2 hours. So, my flower beds are lookin' good (I still have a painter's palette-shaped one in the VERY front to do), and I am almost done with the front. I also pruned the rose bushes, since some blooms have just croaked. I also thinned out the strawberries (took off all the dead leaves and replanted some runners in thinning spots). If you don't think gardening or weeding is exercise, think again.

Every year, when I begin my gardening (I go through spurts), my legs and back are sore and achy, my shoulders feel like they've been lifting 50 lb bags of flour all night, and I just get tired. The crab grass that runs wild here is a workout alone. Whelp... this time, I don't have any of that (THANK YOU, JILLIAN MICHAELS!!!), except the tiredness. Hopefully, that, too - in time - will leave my list of complaints.

Jillian worked me again this morning, then I went and did my crab grass routine (see above). I did some laundry (another workout, if you walk back and forth to push each item away individually and not save steps...) and am now eating oatmeal with raisins. I still have yet to watch DietTribe and The Biggest Loser from this week. Hopefully I'll be able to get to that today.

I am still having insomnia. I go to bed fairly late. I keep promising myself (and my doctor) that I will lay down with 8 hours to sleep. I understand that I need to sleep to lose, but I really don't want to take a sleep aid. But, I'm sure this is my problem, as the scale doesn't seem to be moving (yeah, I know... I really shouldn't weigh everyday, but hey! it just calls to me...).

No comments:

Post a Comment