To get a great start... DRINK YOUR

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I AM Going to Die!

Today I really didn't work out. I think my 4-year-old's illness is rubbing off on me... She woke up at 5am and really didn't take a nap, so it was difficult to work out. I know... excuses, excuses...

I tried at around 10am, when it appeared she was napping, but that lasted the whole of 10 minutes, in which 5 of them I did work out. But it was hard. I felt like I was going to die, and I really hadn't even gotten started!

I twisted my wrist doing "plank" push-ups. This is where you touch your toes, then walk your hands out into a push-up type position, only shoulder-width apart. If you are a beginner (which I am), you hold the push-up position. If you are advanced (which I am most definitely not!), you actually do a push-up. Ugh! Then "walk" your arms/hands back into a toe-touch, then stand up again and start over. On the second walking down, the palm of my hand slipped and I strained the ball portion of my hand, plus my wrist. So... I gave myself a break, as not only did this happen, but I felt like crap and my breathing was labored (not due to exercise). AND, I felt like I had no energy, and I was dragging throughout most of the day.

My hubby and I did finish painting (at least I think we finished) a daybed for my daughters room. I believe 3 coats of this is considered exercise, especially when I was squatting and bending over quite a bit!

Eating? Having hubby on vacate is really truly difficult. He does not believe in watching what you eat. When I came out of a store, he had with him (for me) - chicken nuggets, a Big Mac, and 1/2 order of fries. Need I say more? For breakfast, I had two small pancakes, but with the "lunch" and snack combined, that was way more calories than I wanted to consume. I felt SO full still, that I didn't eat dinner, just had a piece of fruit and lots of water. I did have a soda at the water polo game. It was good, but I felt full after the first 1/3 of it, and it took me the rest of the day to finish. Yay me!

My water intake was a little off... but I think I compensated for that tonight. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment